The last five years has seen this type of lending increasing in stature as homeowners become aware of the huge cost of the so called “pay day loan”. For many years a second charge loan was something clients only did as a last resort due to the high costs compared to a re-mortgage. This has changed dramatically recently as lenders have recognised the potential this type of lending has. Second charge loans are quick and normally a lot cheaper to set up than a standard re-mortgage.
Before you decide to re-mortgage do take time to explore the benefits this form of lending can offer. Second charges will not suit every situation, but it is worth getting professional advice to see if this could help you.
Who can benefit from second charge lending:
- First charge has a tie-in period and has penalties to change
- Funds required very quickly
- Have been in arrears with your current lender and want to avoid disturbing your current low rate for a sub-prime mortgage
- You have an interest only mortgage and you do not wish to re-mortgage to capital & repayment
- You are benefiting from a low interest rate and do not wish to disturb the current product
Most common reasons for a second charge loan:
- Want to consolidate outstanding loans and credit cards
- Want to carry out home improvements
- Want to inject cash into a business venture
- Have had adverse credit and wish to speak to a company who understands the situation
- Are self-employed and wish to raise finance for one of the above
Can we help?
If you would like more information on how this type of loan could help you please do contact and one of our advisers who will be happy to assist.